– 1 pound pla yi sok
– ½ cup fresh wood ear mushrooms
– 2 stalks Chinese celery, cut into short pieces
– 1 tablespoon phrik ki nu, finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon garlic, coarsely chopped
– 3 red shallots, finely chopped
– ½ teaspoon granulated cane sugar
– 1 tablespoon nam pla
– 2 or 3 tablespoons lime juice
Scale the fish. Cut the belly open and remove the entrails. Clean the inside and fillet the fish. Cut the fillets into bite-size pieces. Then blanch in boiling water. Ladle out and put aside. Wash the wood ear mushrooms. Cut out the hard pieces, then cut into bite-size pieces. Then blanch in boiling water. Ladle out and put aside.
To make the dressing, combine sugar, nam pla, lime juice, phrik ki nu and garlic. Mix together.
Add fish and mushroom to a bowl. Pour the dressing over and add celery and chopped shallots. Gently mix together. Spoon the salad over a bed of romaine lettuce on a plate. Garnish with red and yellow chilies (chili spur peppers) and lime. Serve.